We are providing these links as a central location of information — this posting does not in any way represent any endorsement.
Grief and Bereavement Resources
- Alabama Cares
- Alabama Hospice Organization
- Alabama Hospital Association
- Alabama State Health Insurance Assistance Program
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine -- an organization for physicians dedicated to the advancement of hospice/palliative medicine, its practice, research, and education.
- Before I Die -- a website covering a program that explores the medical, ethical, and social issues surrounding end-of-life care in America today.
- Caring Connections -- a program of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO), is a national consumer engagement initiative to improve care at the end of life, supported by a grant from The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Caring Road -- a website for family caregivers offering information on topics related to family caregiving and an online support network.
- Empowering Caregivers
- Ethical Will -- leave a legacy of your values
- Griefwords -- a center for loss and life transition
- Healthy Caregiver
- Legacy.com -- a way to celebrate life stories in words and pictures for now and for the future.
- Medicare Rights Center -- non-profit organization offers answers to questions about Medicare, describes education and services, and provides news and publications.
- National Alliance for Caregivers
- National Family Caregivers Association -- a grassroots organization created to educate, support, empower, and speak up for those who care for chronically ill, aged, or disabled loved ones.
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization -- non-profit organization representing hospice and palliative care programs and professionals in the United States.
- NAHA -- National Allieance For Hospice Access