Bereavement & Community Outreach
“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.”
— Kahlil Gibran
Comfort Care Hospice, LLC understands grief is an individual journey and there are no specific rules or time table, nor right or wrong ways to grieve. Our commitment is to compassionately walk with you and your family as you learn to adjust to life without the one you have lost.
Comfort Care offers 13 months of bereavement and follow-up after the death of a patient. Our trained professionals realize that some families may require more time than others. Additional bereavement time may be extended on a need-by-need individual basis.
As a community resource, Comfort Care Hospice also provides grief education and bereavement services to skilled nursing and assisted living facilities as well as other members of the community who are experiencing grief and loss. Furthermore, Comfort Care Hospice serves as a community resource for loss transition and end of life care. Our Speakers Bureau consists of hospice consultants, medical social workers, chaplains, nurses and other professionals who provide educational support and training to civic clubs, organizations, and other agencies.
We make every effort to provide bereavement services that are respectful and congruent with the cultural, religious, and ethnic traditions of the individuals we serve. At Comfort Care Hospice we believe that it matters not how much we know….. until our patients and families know how much we care.
Bereavement and Community Outreach Services Include:
- Individual/family counseling
- General & specialized grief support groups
- Educational materials and "lending library"
- Special events such as "celebration of life" and holiday remembrance services
- Referral and collaboration with appropriate mental health/healthcare professionals
- Specialty programs and groups for caregivers & children
- Grief support & assistance in local school systems
- Crisis, trauma, and disaster response